cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Disk Group -Sample Self-configured DIP index file

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'm new to Foreign Disk Groups. Since all that's being created in Config is a "place holder object" of sorts that will have references to the foreign location, how does a self-configured DIP index populate these disk groups? Can someone post a sample or give an example they're using for filling a foreign DG with a self-configured DIP? I know that OnBase will check for the existence of the foreign ID file, but I'm just not seing the picture or understanding exactly how foreign DG's are used.

The mrg's for Sysadmin and Platter Mgt have basic information about these DG's, but no substantial context... that I can tell. Is there a resource that discusses foreign DG's and their applications?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the post.

Foreign Disk Groups are used with In Place DIP processes.  This allows for documents to be imported into OnBase without needed to move the files from their current location.  For this process to work you must create a Disk Group as a Foreign Disk Group and then configure your DIP to use the In Place archiving method.

Some things to keep in mind, it is possible to use a Self-Configured DIP file with this process, however, you won't be able to run the process silently.  If you use the Self-Configured DIP file the following dialog will appear requesting the Foreign ID file:

To get around this, you will need to configure a standard Tagged DIP process using the In Place Archiving Method.  Below are the steps to configure the process to run silently.  You can find more information in the DIP MRG under the Configuring an In Place DIP Process to Run Silently section.

Configure your Foreign Disk Group

Configure DIP Import process configured with the In Place Archiving Method

• Use the Tagged Fields Field Type
  • Use the In Place Archiving Method
  • Set your End Of File Designator (END: is configured by default with Self-Configured DIP files)

Configured all of your fields mapped in the index file

• Below are the minimum fields to configure

Update your Self-Configured DIP file with the Disk Group Num and Foreign Disk Group location

Hope this helps.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Adam. Exactly what I was looking for.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

My pleasure! 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.