Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get session for session id Error

Venkatroyal_Ayy
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

While accessing any documents through Unity API, i am getting the below exception continously.     

Hyland.Unity.UnityAPIException: An error occurred within the Unity API: Failed to get session for session id: 4d317648-1d28-4189-b88c-939077624ade.

Please help me out in fixing this issue.

Thanks

Venkat

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Hey Venkat, I found that if too many exceptions are thrown by my dataprovider when retrieving documents (especially multiple attempts at the same document) I will eventually lose my session.  I'd suggest going back over your error trapping and ensuring that your monitoring for snowbound errors, which I believe are exceptions that are created when OnBase fails to translate a document from the rendition type to the type specified by the data provider.  IE, converting TIFF to PDF with a PDFDataProvider through use of the PDFDataProvider.GetDocument function.  This may not be the case in your particular situation, but you'll want to know what sort of exceptions you're experiencing that're causing you to lose your session when you contact your first line of support.

Nathan_Kossover
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Venkat -

There's not a lot of information here that we can act on to debug your issue. I suggest that you contact your first line of support. They will be able to assist you in diagnosing this issue.

Thank you -

NOK

Atit_Patel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Nathan

I have been reading various posts on this error and got the sense that this is a very generic exception. There is not much information you can get out of this but in your experience what are those most frequent cases in which this error may occur?

Thanks,

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Although there are often many different scenarios that may cause this, one of the most common issue would be the application server being reset.  This can happen if someone is working on the application server and performs an IIS reset, recycles the application pool, or makes modifications to the application server's directory where the WEB.CONFIG is located.

Any of the above actions would cause all the sessions to be reset and your application would begin reported a lost session.

Hope that helps.