Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Application & Access for non-OnBase users

Nader_Amer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

We are planning to build an External Application that will allow non-OnBase users to only retrieve certain documents types. The application will authenticate the users locally (Application level Authentication) & then pass on a query to OnBase to load the relevant documents. The coding part is clear but I need to understand the licensing requirements.

I will first need Unity Integration Toolkit to integrate the External App with OnBase but how about the User License? Will it work if I use Named User? As per my understanding, only two sessions are allowed by a Named User license. So Can I use the same session for all calls made by the External App. or I will have to create a new session for every request?

Appreciate your feedback on the above.

Thanks,

Nader

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Nader,

Each user's connection must create its own session and consume a license, so using a named user and reusing the existing session would be in violation of the usage agreement.

If the users are external to the organization, you can use query blocks in lieu of concurrent client licenses. If these are internal users, you would need to either use concurrent licenses or assign individual named licenses to the users.

Kind regards,

Scott

View answer in original post

ptam
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Nader,

Scott is correct, but there is an OnBase module available to provide this solution called the External Access Client.  You can get information on it here:  www.onbase.com/.../

Regards,

Paul

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Nader,

Each user's connection must create its own session and consume a license, so using a named user and reusing the existing session would be in violation of the usage agreement.

If the users are external to the organization, you can use query blocks in lieu of concurrent client licenses. If these are internal users, you would need to either use concurrent licenses or assign individual named licenses to the users.

Kind regards,

Scott

ptam
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Nader,

Scott is correct, but there is an OnBase module available to provide this solution called the External Access Client.  You can get information on it here:  www.onbase.com/.../

Regards,

Paul