cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External AFKW sets - joining on two external tables

Jim_Holzer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is it possible to create an external AFKW set on two or more external tables?  If so; could someone point me to some OnBase literature that would help me set this up?  Additionally, if this is possible, would the be any drop-off in performance  that I could expect as a result of the join?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Erik_Newman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Jim,

Yes it is possible (if they are from the same datasource), though I prefer to use database views instead for simplicity. There is also an Autofill Keyword Sets MRG available. Performance of an AFKW can be dependent on a number of factors including OnBase Client, network speed, ODBC driver, database server performance, table design, query design, indexes etc, etc. Though I have an AFKW that queries a view which has nearly 200m records and returns a match in about 1-2 seconds.

Jim_Holzer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Erik:

Thanks for responding.  Like you, I prefer having our developers create a view from the LOB (line of business) application, and creating the SQL from it (its so much simpler).

I wasn't aware of the AFKW sets MRG.  I'll take a look at it.  Thanks for the suggestion!