Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESXi (Horizon) Customers and Unity Client

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

I'm looking for other Horizon customers, especially those running the Unity client (version 18 or EP5) on ESXi 8.x. We have issues with the scanner redirection and struggle with scan formats using the Native scan option. 

Anyone else out there with this combo?

Thanks

Michelle

3 REPLIES 3

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Michelle Troxell,

I see that you had a support case open for a scanning issue while using Horizon with EP5 Unity Client.

Here is the resolution:

According to the Third Party Compatibility List, Horizon View is no longer compatible after EP2. That would be why this works in 18 but you are seeing compatibility errors in EP5. 

787098b5d9c245ac8f9689144144dd18

In this community question, you mention that you are having scanner redirection issues using version 18 also?  If so, I suggest that you Create a Support Case with FLOS (first line of support) so that a Support person will work with you directly to come up with a resolution to your issue.  

Meanwhile, this question is still open for all other community members to provide a potential solution based on their experience. 

Thanks,

~Alan

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Michelle Troxell,

Our Software Architecture Team just sent me this updated information:

When they added ESXi 8 to the Third Party Compatibility list, they didn’t separately add an entry on View, though ESXi and View work together (View is basically a component of the VMWare platform).

The ESXi 8 statement is here: VMware ESXi 8.0.

In general, OnBase doesn’t have specific requirements around VMWare nor more specifically with View, so we expect new versions of ESXi/Horizon View to operate normally.

They just created a VMWare Horizon View 8.0+ compatibility item and marked it as Limited Compatibility for EP3 to 22.1. 

481e6cdf09674fa7b55f32f2276474c1

Version 18 should also work with View 8, but we have no plans to go back to releases that far back and re-evaluate.

Thanks,

~Alan

@Alan Boucher yes I've talked to our account manager as well about the situation. I was hoping to connect with some others to see how they are handling the challenges we've come across. Thanks!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.