cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Logging Onto Shared Workstation

Nick_Cohen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently using Shared Workstations, which is a PC that we log onto with a generic Active Directory account. Once the PC is logged on, individual users logon to Thick Client using their own AD credentials. From my testing, if users with different User Groups attempt to logon after each other the following errors will appear:

Also, this appears to only be PC specific, because if a user gets the above error on one machine, they are able to logon to a different machine without issue. Is there a log being created by Onbase causing this conflict? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Nick.

Thanks for the post.  The only way that this configuration is going to work is if you configure OnBase with interactive login.  This means that the users are going to have to type in their domain, username and password when logging into OnBase.  The reason is that once you login to the workstation, if the the interactive option is not checked (meaning we are performing an autologin whereas the user does not have to enter credentials), OnBase will attempt to login using the credentials of the user logged into the workstation.  From the way that I understand you scenario, a generic user is logged into the workstation which means that OnBase would use that users credentials when attempting to login.

If you are using autlogin (meaning the interactive options are not checked) then there is most likely another issue going on.  Sometimes you can find useful error messages in the OnBase verbose (ie atting the -V switch to the shortcut of the OnBase Client).  The verbose file will be in your temporary directoy (Start | Run | %temp%\verbose.txt).

Thanks.

Hello Adam,

I actually discovered the issue was with the Group Discovery Strategy being set to First-level Groups instead of Nested Security Groups. After making the change it appears to working fine for us.

Thanks.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Nick,

Glad that you were able to resolve the issue.  Thanks for the update!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.