cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate invoice configuration

Shawn_Webster
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am redesigning my duplicate invoice logic and running into a few road blocks. My first try, I created a unity LC using portfolio relationships for each keyword value like PO #, Invoice #, Vendor Name and Invoice Date. I did Invoice to invoice. I also did rules for each and on true would ask about the next value. During testing I found that it wasnt looking at the same document for these values but if these values existed on any document in onbase. I decided to try mapping all my values on 1 relationship but this doesnt work either. It keeps going false even though there is a doc with PO # and Invoice #. I need to be guided the right direction as I dont know what the common way to perform this. Our old setup uses folder types using invoice or PO# and this doesnt work hardly at all. Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Craig_Statt
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

You want to exclude primary, because you don't want it to ever match itself. 

Invoice is tough:  it would be interesting to see others opinion.

PO, Invoice and Vendor # is probably the safest way to go.  Vendors may change names, and they may re-issue invoices with a credit or different invoice amount (net terms, etc).   I have seen scenarios in which vendors may tag an 'a' or another value at the end of the invoice for the re-created invoice.

We had scenarios in which the invoice would come through the dropbox and the buyer spoke directly to the vendor and they emailed them the revised invoice.

I had always erred on the side of more human scrutiny just because of how unpredictable the vendors have been.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

why not invoice amount? This seems to be a good indication of if this is a duplicate?

True.  I guess it depend on what you are matching.   I guess it would be based on what scenarios you see.  I have seen enough occasions in which a vendor sends and invoice but forgets a discount or a contract cost.  They will modify that invoice and re-issue.  The invoice # and everything will be the same but the amount will differ.  

great info and thank you sir