Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate a Keyword

Tomas_Vera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello All (Newbie question),

I have a Keyword "A" used in several document types.

I need to rename the keyword in one document type (e.g. "A" renamed to "B").

Since "A" is used in several docTypes, I can not just rename the Keyword. I believe I need to create a new keyword "B" and assign it to the DocType.

What's the best (fastest? easiest?) way to copy the values from "A" to "B" for all the items already in the system?

TIA for any help.

-tomas

2 REPLIES 2

George_Sialmas
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi @Tomas Vera If you have access to OnBase Studio and are licensed for Workflow, I would build a little functional Lifecycle, that copies the value from "A" to "B" for all the items in the system for that specific Doc Type. How many documents are we talking about?

This is the process at a high-level of what I would do:

1. Create a Functional Lifecycle with one queue.

2. Configure a Workflow Timer that does all the logic (Check if Doc Type = <Doc Type Name> and on True check if Keyword Type "A" value exists and on True copy value from KT "A" to KT "B" then remove from LC). You can even get fancy to delete the value from Keyword Type "A" once it has copied if you would like to.

3. Configure a Unity Scheduler task and bind it to the Workflow Timer configured in Step 2.

4. Configure a System Task and assign the Doc Type that has both Keyword Type "A" and "B", and the workflow logic simply adds document to Functional LC created in Step 1.

5. Login to Thick Client and perform a Doc Retrieval to return all Docs for Doc Type that has both Keyword Type "A" and "B".

6. Select all documents returned and use the System Task created in Step 4, to add all documents into the Functional LC.

When the timer executes, it shall copy value from KT "A" to KT "B". The reason why it's best to configure the Timer is if you have a million documents for example then the timer can handle this instead of using System Work or Ad Hoc Task.

If you are not licensed for Workflow, and are licensed for Unity API, you could for example write a Unity Script and the context being a IScheduler script and configure a Timer Task to run once and the Unity script would run a custom query and for all the documents returned in that query, copy value from Keyword Type "A" to "B".

Good luck,

George

We ARE licensed for workflow. I need to review some of this (newbie to Workflows).

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's appreciated.

-tomas