cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop Document Import- Is it possible to default options?

Chris_Opper
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Version: OnBase 13 Client

Hi all,

When dragging and dropping documents for import, does anyone know if there is a way to default the values of Document Type Group and Document Type?

I know it take 2 seconds to select the options and that system defaults the items after a user logs in and performs the task once, but this request was made by one of our directors so I figure I'd at least verify if possible before talking with them.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I'm not sure if you can default it for their first import, but if you're doing repetitive imports, you can set it to remember the document type (and/or keywords) from one import to the next. This is in Workstation Options, Document Import tab.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Chris,

As you mentioned in your post the dialog will retain the same Document Type and Group after a first import is performed (assuming you don't have the workstation option set to clear these fields). But as far as setting a default value for these two fields prior to an import being performed, I don't believe it's currently possible. However if this is something you or your users would like to see added I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support and submitting an enhancement request.

Thanks,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.