cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EP1 require configuration and use the new idenitity provider?

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Hylanders

I am on 18 and using enhanced AD authentication  (I was very happy with basic AD but forced to because of a Hyland defect) and basic Hyland accounts.  I here all this talk about the new Identity provider.  Do I have to go through all the hassles, grief, and time of setting it up as a precondition of installing EP1 when I have no need for it  or can use my existing authentication methods?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hey Scott!

No, you don't have to use the Hyland Identity Provider with OnBase Foundation.  The only reason I would move towards it is if you were using the OnBase Identity Provider with OnBase 17/18.  And even so, there is a major consideration because the Hyland IdP doesn't support Active Directory authentication in the same way as the OnBase IdP did with OnBase 17/18.  You can read more here (link).

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hey Scott!

No, you don't have to use the Hyland Identity Provider with OnBase Foundation.  The only reason I would move towards it is if you were using the OnBase Identity Provider with OnBase 17/18.  And even so, there is a major consideration because the Hyland IdP doesn't support Active Directory authentication in the same way as the OnBase IdP did with OnBase 17/18.  You can read more here (link).

Best wishes.

Hi Adam

Thanks for the clarification.   That will move up the priority of my upgrade work once I have my Prod DB moved to SQL 2017.

Regards