Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Merging from a Hitlist

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this questions but will post anyway.

If I have a document hitlist in the document viewer (thick client) with say 20 documents. How can I combine all of those documents together, alphabetically by document type name, then save that file out as as PDF? The PDF would have all of the 20 documents combined in it with just being one file. The merged PDF does not need to be saved back to OnBase. 

This would save a few steps in the business process because now the person has to highlight them all, send to file for each one, could be more than 20, then highlight them all again, right click and Merge Files to PDF. 

We are licensed for Unity API and PDF Framework if either of those would help. 

Thanks for any help with this. We are version 10. 

4 REPLIES 4

Rich_Ruiz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Nathanial,

I was able to accomplish a similar task using Unity scripting and a propriatory tool so it is possible. In my case I used an envelope to hold the documents to merge. My script exported them out to the file system and created a cover page with data from a Unity form. Our PDF Bookit then merged them and in  our case did bring the finished "book" back into Onbase. I have a demo video if you are interested.

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Did you want to accomplish this solution using a Unity script executing on a hitlist specifically in the Thick Client?

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

There is currently no way to execute Unity Scripts within the Thick Client.

You can, however, accomplish this with the Unity Client using an IClientScript.

This feature, unfortunately, wasn't added until OnBase 12.

Tim,

If they created a System task for that document type and had their thick client set up to use core based workflow.  Would that successfully execute a Unity script and run it on the server?  Or would it still try to run locally?