cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Import w/ Multiple Files Uploaded - Supported File Types?

Andy_Barker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I've been reading through the SDK site and I'm wondering about something that isn't specifically spelled out in the docs. When doing a document import, it's possible to supply a list of multiple Upload Id's, which the SDK says will be used as multiple pages for the imported document. There's an example tutorial of this in the "Upload and Archive Interactions" article, but that example uses two image files (JPG format) for illustration. Are Image Format files the *ONLY* types that are supported for multi-file imports? What if I try to combine multiple files that OnBase is normally able to convert to Image or PDF format, will it throw an error, or will it import fine, and then handle any conversion needed when a user requests to view the document?

Example use case: Uploading multiple PDF files that will become a single document or uploading PDF's, Images, and an HTML file that should become a single document.

1 REPLY 1

Justin_Carlson
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

I believe that images are the only type of file where OnBase supports multiple files per OnBase document. So multiple PDF, Word, Excel files for example will not work. We can look to update the documentation. It also is not capable of converting the files on the fly to images for you. I am not sure what type of response the API would give you if you try this out, but in general it is something that OnBase as a product does not currently support (the idea of having multiple Word files as a single OnBase document for example).