Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Type Name recommendation for MIKG

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

Originally when I set up new doc types using MIKG, I included "MIKG" in the doc type name such as "Bill image - MIKG". My customer wants the "MIKG" part removed. I'm concerned as a sys admin if I remove it, then we won't know that those are MIKG doc types without diving into the config part. 

Do others signify in the name that it is MIKG? Why or why not?

Thanks!

Michelle

3 REPLIES 3

Juan_Trevino
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If exposed through custom queries then you can update the display name, right?  In classic retrieval not so much, but should admins be encouraging that anyway?

As far as documenting if MIKG, personally, I think that is a bit much.  Do you also label for WF, Folder, or other automated process too?  I think this just goes into admin documentation and move on.  Just my two cents.

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Michelle,

No, we don't label document types in that way, especially if it's confusing to users. 

If you need to know what document types are using keyword groups/certain keyword groups you should be able to do that with a query (potentially a reporting dashboard) for administrative purposes. 

select KS.KEYSETTABLENUM, trim(KS.KEYSETNAME), trim(D.ITEMTYPENAME)
from KEYWORDSET KS, DOCTYPEKEYSET X, DOCTYPE D
where KS.KEYSETTABLENUM = X.KEYSETTABLENUM
and X.ITEMTYPENUM = D.ITEMTYPENUM
and KS.ISKEYTYPEGROUP = '2'
order by 2;

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I also don't put MIKG in the doc type name.  As soon as you open the doc type in Retrieve or Import, an Admin can see that there's an MIKG in the keywords. 

I am also going to bookmark @Larissa Armand 's query to put in a report.  That's a great one!!