Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Comp dctemplatefields table question

Frank_Weyant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good morning,

We were testing a way to add placeholders to a doc comp template via SQL inserts into the dctemplatefields table. After inserting the records, we began to experience strange behavior with templates, specifically with placeholders disappearing from templates.

Does anybody know if there is a table that controls the assignment of the dctemplatefldnum field when inserting a new record in the dctemplatefields? I'm wondering if such a table exists and, if so, it may be out of sync.

Thanks!

Frank Weyant

5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
You do understand that directly modifying the database can void your license agreement and any support that you may want to receive...

Frank_Weyant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I do.  We were simply trying a test on a test database.

Andy_Rusnak
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Frank, 

Tom is correct, you are not permitted to perform any direct database modification statements within the OnBase Database (even in a test environment).  Any direct modification is a violation of your maintenance agreement with Hyland Software.  If you have made any direct database modifications to any environment please restore these environments immediately to a state prior to any modification taking place.  

Best, 

Frank_Weyant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Andy!  I'm in the process of having our test database refreshed and then manually recreating all of the templates there.

Frank