cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we really need 2 app servers in order to get domain authentication to work with Foundation EP3 Unity API?

Cecelia_Rocha
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hyland FLOS configured our app server so that the Unity Client and Web Client can authenticate successfully. We are using AD - Enhanced authentication.   However, all our custom applications that use the Unity API now fail to authenticate/connect.  We are using  CreateDomainAuthenticationProperties().     The solution I was given was to stand up a new app server with different authentication properties in IIS just for the API.  I thought that the  Unity API contained all the functionality that the Unity Client has.   So why do I need a second app server?   Before upgrading to EP3 we were using OnBase 17 and AD - Basic authentication.  Thanks for your feedback/input!

19 REPLIES 19

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'll be looking forward to hearing more from this thread. 

@Cecelia Rocha 

When you say "stand up a new app server" are you talking about a whole other server/virtual machine or just a second instance of the AppServer on the same server?

I ask this because, even before the dumpster fire that was Foundation Authentication, we ran two instances of the AppServer on our App Server server (that was fun to say), each configured for a different form of IIS authentication. I suspect this is the same solution you've implemented but I wanted you to know you can run multiple instance of the AppServer on a single server. There's no need for separate servers for each.

Hi @Roger Linhart 

We have one for each type of client on the same box with no issues just added ram.

Good Luck

Scott

We have an application server/URL for each client type as well as version. So right now on our application servers I think I have around 25-30 application pools. Segmenting out the different items as well as clients makes it easier if you need to reset/recycle only a specific thing instead of affecting everything at once. I am super grateful we do have ours setup this way as I can't tell you how much easier this has made the management of our system better. 🙂

@Rob Keberdle Sorry poor choice of words on my part!  Yes we have two OnBase app servers on the same Windows server each configured with different authentication settings.  Thanks for your help!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.