cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Crash I need to reduce number oif Copies to One

Richard_Gogan1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I had Unrecoverable Disk Crash I need to reduce number of Copies to One so I can commit batches, then add a new copy once completePlease advise.
2 REPLIES 2

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Rich,

I'm sorry to hear of the Disk Crash.  First off, I would recommend working with your first line of support as soon as possible to find a solution.  In general, all you should need to do is create a new Copy 1 path.  For this you would need to,

• Create the Disk Groups hierarchy
  • Create a new UNC accessible location for the Disk Groups
  • Create an OnBase.ID file for each of the Disk Groups
  • Update the Platter Paths of the Disk Groups pointing to the new location and Promote the Disk Group

These steps will create an uncommitted copy for each of your disk groups.  Without knowing more about your Disk Group design it is hard to say if there are any other changes which are necessary to get you up and running (ie do you have multiple copies? are the other copies still accessible? etc).  These conversations should take place with your first line of support.

Good luck.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Another note, if you are able to import data and your Copy 1 is ok (meaning the only issue is with the commit process), then all you would need to do is set Copy 2 as a Backup copy and promote.  If your secondary copy is a Backup, OnBase will not attempt to write data during the commit process.  This will help to get around the issue until you have secondary copy strategy in place.

Take care.