cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different ways to connect to External SQL Database in OnBase 17

Pawan_Bagga
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What are the different ways to connect to external SQL Database to extract the keywords in OnBase 17?

Can someone please provide examples or steps?

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator
Could you give some further clarification and details as to what exactly it is you are trying to achieve. There are TONS of ways to connect to an external SQL database. However, depending on your reasons for needing to do so will help in narrowing down those ways.
Thanks.

Pawan_Bagga
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We need to write VBScript to connect to external database and read values from different tables.

I was thinking instead of using the connection string, if there is any other way I can setup the connection in OnBase and use the same in all the scripts.

I would appreciate if you could please provide any example or steps to the do the same.

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Pawan, could you provide more detail of the actual business problem you are trying to solve? Asking about possible solutions such as "Extract Keywords in OnBase", "Connection strings(api?)" and "VB Script" makes getting an answer from other community members dramatically more difficult when the problem isn’t clear.

I am confused about the direction of data too. In your original post it seems like you want to extract (read?) keywords from the OnBase Database. In your follow up reply it looks like you are asking for the complete opposite on the topic of how to read from an external database. Any clarification?

Also, It seems like you have ruled out using Unity API Connection Strings, but did not actually share why you ruled it out. Sharing this why may help us better understand your requirements.

Pawan_Bagga
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Instead of using Unity API Connection String; is there any other way to connect to external database?

We have 50+ old DMCore scripts which I need to rewrite into VBScript. Most of the scripts are connecting to database and read the external value.

So, it means I need to use the Unity API Connection String in all the scripts but if we have any other service or method in OnBase 17, I can use that to connect to the database from VBScript instead of hard coding userid and password in all the scripts.

Sorry, if its little confusing but I am trying not to hard code the user id and password if possible.

Also, requesting, if someone can provide example of VBScript that connects to database and read value.