cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Document Types

Andy_Miller
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi, I don't see a way to create a report from transaction logs, or run a SQL query, to retrieve a list of document types that have been deleted. Is this possible?

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So document types themselves can't be deleted. If you are talking about the documents themselves, then that is definitely there. However, the document types themselves are unable to be deleted.

Hi Ryan, we're on Version 16 and can delete document types as long as we use the -ROMANZO switch; if it helps the process for V16 is outlined on page 343 of the V16 Sys Admin MRG. 

Man, I could have sworn that back in my training they stated that Document Types couldn't be deleted... Now I will admit my memory has been failing me quite often this week, but I swear that is what they told me. Oh well, good to know. 🙂

Ryan and Kirk, you both are correct.  "Normal" doc types CAN be deleted; however, doc types that are a part of a Medical Record doc type group CANNOT be deleted (you can 'put them to sleep' to put old/no longer used MR doc types at the bottom of the list though).  🙂