cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a OnBase user by command line

Mark_van_der_Li
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible to delete a OnBase user with a command line?

So that the user will be deleted from OnBase just like it will be deleted with the GUI.

The user will still exist in de database, but there it is deactivated.

5 REPLIES 5

lboening
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Mark,

Somewhere along the line, Hyland introduced the ability to remove a user using the Unity API. I found this reference: https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/1569e323-494e-6406-b638-ddd6a92078ae.htm

DeleteUserDelete a User from the system.

As for "deleting using the command line", one who knows .NET Console programming can write a program to do it.  You could run this console program from the command line!

In my/our case, I will have to figure out who should be deleted and somehow feed that to the console program as arguments. That's just one way of many ways. As a part-time C#/.NET programmer, the hardest part to me is developing the patience to try out a few approaches and working out the intricacies of .NET development.

With multiple user accounts to synchronize on multiple platforms, it's not so easy.

I am mentally juggling about eight (8) different systems that all could use better, more automated, more reliable user account management.

Luke

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.