cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a OnBase user by command line

Mark_van_der_Li
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible to delete a OnBase user with a command line?

So that the user will be deleted from OnBase just like it will be deleted with the GUI.

The user will still exist in de database, but there it is deactivated.

5 REPLIES 5

Justin_Fandl
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark,

To my knowledge there is no way outside of Configuration to delete an OnBase user. With that being said this would be the only recommended method to use (via the GUI).

Hope this helps!

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

This doesn't directly answer the original question, how about using Unity scripting and the UserAdministration.DeleteUser Method?

Agreed that there are requirements, Unity version, having acess to the API, etc. 

Hey Michael,
Great addition! That completely slipped my mind. I guess I got hung up on the whole verbiage of the "command line" approach. But if they do have the Unity API, they could certainly use that method.

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

It should be possible to write Powershell code to use the Unity API to do all sorts of user management- deletion and creation, group maintenance, security keyword maintenance.

From there you could write Powershell Cmdlets to make those sorts of things "one liners" for Powershell users.  You also could trigger that Powershell from old-school .bat files.

This could be a helpful to expose some operations to system administrators who need to do repeated/bulk operations and are happiest in a cmd or Powershell world.

In fact I think about looking into it regularly, but never quite find it worth too much effort to investigate when I've got the GUI for small jobs and am comfortable jumping straight to C# Unity API usage when automation is needed.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.