cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DefaultDataProvider.GetDocument() error (OnBase 11)

Rick_Danley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

When calling DefaultDataProvider.GetDocument(doc.DefaultRenditionOfLatestRevision) my C# program throws the error   "An error occurred within the Unity API: Error code: (-9). Error writing data to the disk. Standard file i/o write failed.".

Interestingly, my program was running properly, then suddenly started throwing errors every time GetDocument() is called.  Out networking staff assures me that my login has access to all of the necessary document folders, and I've confirmed this by navigating to those folders through Windows Explorer.

The error is particulatly puzzleing as it says "Standard file i/o write failed" -- I don't know why files would need to be written during a GetDocument().

I'm not aware of anything that's changed.

Can anyone suggest where we might look for causes of this error.

Thanks,

Rick Danley

Careworks Consultants Inc.

4 REPLIES 4

Brian_Koning
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Rick,

The error you are seeing is from the Snowbound image processing library that is used by the Application Server to process your DefaultDataProvider request. My first thought is that this is not a login or networking problem but a resource allocation problem on the Application Server. I am guessing that the Application Server cannot write one of the temporary files used in the image processing to disk.

First, you should check the Diagnostics console to see if there are any other errors which are not being reported by the API. The next step is to check and make sure the Windows user running the Application Server has rights to the temporary directory and that the temporary directory has enough space for new files. If you do not see any obvious problems, you should then use Process Monitor to observe the failed writes by the Application Server. This should give you an explicit reason as to why the file write operation failed.

If you are still experiencing problems after going through the above, it may be worth while to contact your first line of support for more tailored assistance.

Rick_Danley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Brian!  It will take awhile to check this out.  I'll let you know what we find.

Rick_Danley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Brian,

You were right!  The application server was out of disk space so there was no room to write temporary files.  Thanks for the feedback.  I'm marking this one as "Answered".

Rick

Brian_Koning
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Fantastic! Glad to hear you resolved the issue!