cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Table Archiving

Robert_Mee1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have a number of tables in our database that have had significant growth.  Some to the point that they are effecting the Database teams ability to run the sampling process. Below are some tables in question. Can anyone share how they are handling archiving?  We do not want to purge this data without archiving to another location outside of the production database first. 

wftransactionlog

wftransactionmsg

transactionxlog

itemdatapage

itemdata

dfcytxlog

wflog

keyitem584

keyitem299

keyitem306

keyitem301

keyitem300

keyitem305

keyxitem125

chartxitemdata

securitylog

keyitem588

keyitem583

keyitem585

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Robert,

I would recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support for assistance with this question.

Purging data directly from the OnBase database is not permitted under the maintenance agreement and would be significantly detrimental given some of the tables you have listed. 

Your First Line of Support can also assist with recommendations on maintenance jobs on these larger tables to allow your maintenance plans to complete.

Ansley

View answer in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Paul,

The dialog you indicate purges hsi.wflog

I'm looking for a way to purge hsi.wftransactionlog

Thanks.

I agree Kevin. I have also reached out to support to find a way of purging old data from hsi.wftransactionlog and the linked table hsi.wftransactionmsg. We have an environment where system administrators turned on many unnecessary workflow task and rule log events. I have addressed these to prevent ongoing growth of the tables, but would like to reduce the table sizes so that a newly configured watemarking feature on certain queues would perform more quickly in a watermark dashboard. The large table sizes make this painfully slow.

@Harry Siemer 

Hi Harry, were you able to find away to purge data from hsi.wftransactionlog?

Natalya_Svoysky
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

here's what we did for archival of history/log tables: we created identical table structures for the tables we want to archive.  Our DBA wrote SQL script to move records to the new tables.  before any custom scripts that manipulate the data can be used Hyland has to review and approve it (lengthy process but gives you flexibility).  then we created dashboard report to present these records to the user.   

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.