cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database issues since moving to VMware

Jeff_Cooley1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are on release 16 sp2. We just moved our entire server environment to a new facility that is running on VMware from a facility running HyperV. I had to initially reregister all of the servers but after that, everything was running fine. However, within a couple of weeks, one of our DBAs started to notice that the SQL logs were building and building, adding gigabytes a day and the log files were not clearing out. We have had to reboot the SQL server several times.  The DBA has been able to identify some basic searches that are running for hours starting at 1am. However, I do not see any users logged in at that time and  and no info is shown any of the trans logs I run. Now, any transaction running for more that 1 hour, the dba is killing. Since the only change was the environment, I looked at the third-party compatibility list here in the community about our release and the approved versions of VMware. I learned that we moved to VMware 6.7. The list says the supported version is 6.5. Might this be causing our issues? if so, what would be the best remedy. If not, any ideas as to what might be causing the log files to hang and how to fix it. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jeff Cooley,

I suggest opening a support ticket with FLOS (first line of support) so that a Support person will work directly with you to resolve your performance issue since you moved to VMware 6.7.  They may request your SQL log and other trace logs to determine if there are any long running query(s) causing this issue.

Thanks!

~Alan

Jeff_Cooley1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

My FLOS has no history with this type of issue to go off of and agreed with my suggestion to bring this up in the community. 

Joseph_Liotine
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We had a similar issue when we went from 16 to 18.  There was excessive logging being done by the Host Sql was on.  We tweaked a few settings and the problem was resolved.  Our symptoms were excessive IOs to the C drive.    

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.