cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Mass Document Types

Not applicable

I know this question has been asked numerous times.  But I feel the need to ask it again.  We are in the process of implementing a new process with OnBase.  This process will call for the creation of over 2,000 new document types.  (Yes, I know it is a lot, but that is the requirement.)  Has anyone come up with a way to quickly add document types into configuration?  Hyland, is there a utility that can be used to accomplish this?

11 REPLIES 11

Brian_Karcher1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Ok, then this would still give you a somewhat automated way to create the Doctypes. Just add one doctype to a COLD format, export it, then open up the .out file created and add in your 1,999 other doctypes into the file, then import that COLD format.

Nathan_Kumm
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I would recommend against opening the process.out file and manually editing it. There may be issues when trying to import it if there are any typos or duplicate document type configuration data. Manually creating each document type would be required when building a new solution. However, if you were a solution provider that wanted to set up each of your customers with a set of "default" document types, then the COLD process file would be a viable option. A better option is available in version 15 and higher to export configuration items, such as document types, by navigating to Configuration > Utils > Change Management > Export Configuration Items.