cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted PDF's filed with StoreNewDocument()

John_Arenz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I'm having some issues with PDF documents that I'm filing with the core.storage.StoreNewDocument(IEnumerable(String), StoreNewDocumentProperties) method.  Most of the documents file properly, but a few are corrupt.  In either case, StoreNewDocument is returning a valid document class and not reporting any issues. All the PDF documents are created from the same template and nothing appears to be unusual about them.  When I attempt to refile the PDF's that previously were corrupted, they file into the system with no corruption. 

Is anyone aware of a way to ensure the data integrity of filed documents? 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi John

I would not expect this to be a Data Integrety type of issue.  When storing a PDF Document, the file does not undergo any conversion.  Additionally, the viewer within OnBase will use the Native PDF View installed on the machine.

I would suggest attempting to open the PDF File before storage, as well as ensuring that there are no Bookmarks or passwords on the PDF File.  Additionally, does the issue happen is you store the document through the Web or Unity Client? 

If you are having further troubles after these checks, I would recommend contacting your first line of support to look further into this issue.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi John

I would not expect this to be a Data Integrety type of issue.  When storing a PDF Document, the file does not undergo any conversion.  Additionally, the viewer within OnBase will use the Native PDF View installed on the machine.

I would suggest attempting to open the PDF File before storage, as well as ensuring that there are no Bookmarks or passwords on the PDF File.  Additionally, does the issue happen is you store the document through the Web or Unity Client? 

If you are having further troubles after these checks, I would recommend contacting your first line of support to look further into this issue.

Not applicable

Is the file format for the document type defined as PDF?

I seem to remember this being a problem in certain cirumstances that was addressed only recently.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.