Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core based error in OnBase Thick Client

Leon_Bazil
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

All,

Last week, besides upgrading to version 12 (which I don't think is the problem), we also split out our AppServer to a different server than our webserver.  To get some scripts working on eforms, we had to move to Core-based mode.  However, on the workstations of users running the OnBase 12 thick client, when they try to retrieve documents, they receive "connect request timed out" and are unable to retrieve any documents.  I had to set their workstation options to run in CLASSIC mode to continue to work.

Any idea what causes that error?  I have a mixture of 32bit and 64bit Windows 7 workstations having this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl O

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_MacDonald
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

In Config > Utils > Application Server, is the Application Server Path pointing to your new AppServer?

Leon_Bazil
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

It wasn't - it was pointing to the webserver.  I changed it to the application server and recycled the appserver; but still got the error.  Maybe I need to recycle the web server?  I'll try that soon.

Wendy_Robinson2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Your application server path should look like this http://<server name>/<virtual directory>/service.asmx

Ryan_MacDonald
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Just to make sure, in the same Application Server Configuration window in Config, is the Datasource correct for the AppServer you are pointing to?