cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Management questions - OnBase 14

Stephanie_Amann
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

1. Will we be able to store all documents in native format and convert to PDF?

2. Will OnBase 14 include a 'viewer' that allows all types of documents to be served up in PDF format? For instance, users should be able to open and view an AutoCadd file even though they do not have AutoCadd software installed on their computer.

3. Will we have the ability to email documents directly from the repository? Our current SIRE technology allows us to find documments, and then email them in native format, or in PDF.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Stephanie,

Thanks for using Community! To answer your questions:

1. OnBase typically stores all documents in their native format or file type, i.e. pdf stored as a pdf, tiff stored as a tiff, etc. There are some options to convert documents to PDF's permanently or just for viewing (using Workflow or PDFPop).
  2. Typically all documents (that can be) will be viewed as their native file type using the internal viewer. However something that requires an external application like .docx or .pdf would need to have that native application be installed on the workstation to open up the file. I am not super familiar with what CAD files so this may or may not be the case. However using PDFPop you could potentially allow for users to view the document as a PDF from a web based link.
  3. If you are looking to send the document externally, as long as a native mail application (Outlook) is installed on the machine, you can send documents from within OnBase as attachments to a recipient.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,