cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect using Domain Authentication

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

How does domain authentication work with Hyland.Services? It seems like I would need to pass the username and password in, which I wouldn't (and shouldn't) know if it's being handled by the domain. I tried using the exact code from the SDK code sample for domain authentication, but I just get an error:

Authentication Failed for user '' on Datasource 'OnBaseDev'.

This makes me believe it's either not possible (unlikely, since the example is there!) or I have something set up wrong. I only just set up the LDAP integration last week but I'm able to log in to the thick client and web client without providing my username/password (using the -AL switch), so it seems to be working from that side of things.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Seth,

The application is a web site running on JBoss Application Server, though we have another application that will be running on IBM WebSphere App Server. The appserver is set up for Windows Authentication. I wonder if I might need to look into the authentication used by the application itself.

Do you know whether or not it's possible to authenticate a user and query "as them" to make use of security settings like we're trying to do?

Ian_Cordova
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Robert,

I apologize and did not see your follow up question.  It sounds like the issue that you are running into is a network double-hop which is by design. Typically the only way around this is to come up with a Single Sign-On solution.  We have one already for Microsoft applications but we would have to make a custom Single Sign-On provider for a Java based application

Here is more information about the double hop that I mentioned. 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/knowledgecast/archive/2007/01/31/the-double-hop-problem.aspx

John_Whitt
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

After reinstalling Hyland Componen tServices on our test App server we are getting this error in a pop up.

"An error occurred with the Unity API: Authentication Failed for user \u000\u0027 on Datasource \u0027Onbase_TEST\U0027"

We we doing this under direction of Hyland Tech support and worked for our Production environment .

We did the same for our Test environment and got the error

Pandian_Kulasek
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We use Onbase version 13.0.2. I do have the same issue as what is posted in this chain. When I use the "ConnectUsingDomainAuthentication" I expect this call to automatically grab the NT user credentials and connect. Our Thick and Web is setup to work Auto Login but not sure why the API call is passing empty user id and pass word. Can you help what I need to do to get this working?

We need this working for both MS and JAVA platforms as we are trying to run custom applications in both environment connecting to Onbase

Thanks in advance.

Pandian,

Have you verified the solution in the previous posting? Please ensure that you IIS settings for the Application Server are not set to Anonymous. If it is, change it to Windows Authentication. Also, if the Web Server is working you probably have Windows Authentication enabled within IIS for the Web Server. In this case you are accessing the Application Server directly and need to enable it there.

Setting the Application Server to Windows Authentication may conflict with the Web Server which may lead to setting up a second application server just for the API.