cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring documnets to be Updated

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We currently imoprt only TIFF and PDF douments that are static meaning no changes to them.  We have a business user that is asking if OnBase can store documents and then retrieve them allow the user to modify them and then store them back into OnBase as a revision or version.

What if any modules would I need to do this?  Is this only achieved through workflow?  Any explanations as to how this could be configured would help before I discuss with the user.

Thanks,

Jay

3 REPLIES 3

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The EDM Services module allows you to configure document types to be "revisionable" - it does not require workflow, although often times workflow is a good fit.

Once you have that module, in the Document Types screen in Configuration, you will have a "Revisions/Renditions" button where you configure various settings.

But usually this is for stuff like Word documents that are traditionally revised. If you're talking about revising TIFFs and PDFs, I'd need more details on exactly what kinds of revisions you're talking about.

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

John - Thanks for the response.  It would most likely be documents that are normally revised i.e. word, excel etc.  The Tiff and PDF images will remain static.  I'll look into the EDM module.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

If you will be modifying/revising Office documents in the Web Client, you may also need to Office Addin module. The Thick Client doesn't require this, and I don't think the Unity Client does either, but I'm not 100% sure.