cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLD report print from Unity, text cut off?

Cory_Crocker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have several different COLD reports that our users access daily (in some cases, hourly), that some folks prefer to print for meetings and such. We have received several complaints about the text of these reports running off the right-hand side of the page when printed in portrait. When these reports are printed in landscape, the text of the report is printed in a shrunk-down portrait format in landscape orientation.

I understand that the Unity Client retrieves COLD text reports as images and that this is likely the culprit, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this? Were you able to resolve or workaround the issue?

Our first line of support has suggested using transparent overlays as a way to remedy this - a blank landscape PDF document. This has brought limited success, as we can get the reports to fit in a landscape oriented print, but the visual display of the text in Unity becomes very difficult to read (blurry, text appears very faint).

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
Cory,

Have you tried to increase the number of characters per line on the document type? We do not have Unity client, but we use web client and we used to run into similar issues with our COLD reports. Increasing the characters per line worked for us.

To change it, go to the document type, click the View / Print button and increase the setting. You'll want to click Apply before closing the window or the settings will not save. Also it may require an application pool recycle to pick up the change, but I would try a cache reset first, as the change may pick up with just a cache reset.

Cory_Crocker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Rob,

Thanks for the suggestion!

We have tried adjusting this item in the past, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. I just tried changing the value appears to have no visible effect - to be clear I did reset the application server cache as well as IIS (TEST environments are nice!).