cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Based Disk Group Storage

Karen_Bjornset1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Has anyone tested with Cloud type storage for disk groups or is anyone using them that is willing to share pros/cons?  I'm not sure if the capability exists now, but I see some older posts from 2012 that said it wasn't at that time.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Niccolò,

At this time (meaning as of OnBase 18) there are no integrated solutions for cloud storage Disk Groups.  This is being investigated for a future release of OnBase.  

Hi Adam, 

Is there any update regarding this cloud based disk group storage requirement from april to date?

Drew_Hargrave
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Adman Shane - Any plans for Azure Files SMB shares Onbase certification? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-files-introduction 

Hi @Drew Hargrave - if I understand the feature, the files would be accessible via SMB or NFS.  If that is the case then you can access the files via UNC in which case the the feature would be supported without any further enhancements to the software.  OnBase Disk Groups require UNC accessibility.

Thanks Adam, it might be helpful to see some best practices communication on Azure Files, direct competitor to Amazon S3, since many organizations are often aligned to a preferred cloud provider. Do you think there will be any guidance provided for Azure Files in the future?