cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client script to automatically commit incomplete commits.

Marcus_Santodon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am looking to write a script that will automatically check for incomplete commits and proceed to commit the batches.  I'm running version 11 and using thick client.  Has anybody written anything similar they would be willing to share?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have looked several times for a way to do, according to the SDK this isn't currently possible:

"Note: A batch cannot be transitioned to a “committed” state programmatically. To auto-commit batches, the OnBase Scheduler can be configured to automatically commit batches on a routine basis. For additional information, refer to the Document Imaging Modular Reference Guide or online help files."

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

What we did at our site due to slow WAN or PC issues is that all of our scan queues are setup for scheduled commits.  This decreased the "wait time" at the PC for committing and nearly elimitated our Incomplete Commit batches.  We only have Incomplete Batches now when we have a fairly sever network interuption now.  The server we have doing the scheduled commits is running on a VM in our data center and commits extremely fast.  I think we have scheduled commits scheduled for every 10 minutes on average across our scan queues.  Some are longer due to business needs some are shorter.

Thanks for the idea. While it still won't directly address the incomplete commits, it sounds like it will certainly reduce the number that occur in the first place. I'll give it a try.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.