cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client script to automatically commit incomplete commits.

Marcus_Santodon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am looking to write a script that will automatically check for incomplete commits and proceed to commit the batches.  I'm running version 11 and using thick client.  Has anybody written anything similar they would be willing to share?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have looked several times for a way to do, according to the SDK this isn't currently possible:

"Note: A batch cannot be transitioned to a “committed” state programmatically. To auto-commit batches, the OnBase Scheduler can be configured to automatically commit batches on a routine basis. For additional information, refer to the Document Imaging Modular Reference Guide or online help files."

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have looked several times for a way to do, according to the SDK this isn't currently possible:

"Note: A batch cannot be transitioned to a “committed” state programmatically. To auto-commit batches, the OnBase Scheduler can be configured to automatically commit batches on a routine basis. For additional information, refer to the Document Imaging Modular Reference Guide or online help files."

Thanks Anthony. I was afraid that might be the case.

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I recommend you work with your first line of support to determine the root cause of items going to incomplete commit. It often represents and underlying security or archetecture issue that, even if you could programatically bypass, will lead to other parts of your system having issues.

Marcus_Santodon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

In our case, the issue appears to be caused by I/O latency from Windows XP machines on a specific segment of our WAN. Network upgrades and PC replacements are planned but it would be nice to be able write a Windows service that will deal with incomplete commits progmatically.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.