cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on REST API User administration

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I was reading through the REST API SDK documentation and I would like to get some clarification on some items.

1. When you are modifying a user, you have the option to use the "Path" operation when modifying (which I really like btw). However, it says that "this is always replace for Users". Are you saying that the REST API doesn't support the methods of Add, Remove, Copy, Move, or Test?
  2. I also noticed that there isn't any actual code examples like there are for Document Archival for each of the different methods. Are there going to be code examples given?
  3. With the Modifying Operation, it mentions how you can use the PATCH method. However, when you go to the Specification screen, there is no examples of using that PATCH method at all. So I don't quite know where to put the JSON object and all.
  4. Does the Modifying Operation also support the patching of what User Groups a user is in or do you have to do that separately?
  5. I noticed that there is the "PUT" method to replace the User/User Group assignments on a specific object. So does that mean it would remove all of the User Groups from the User before putting the User Groups back on to the user that we passed in? And if that is true, I assume that also means that it is going to show all of those removal(s) and add(s) in the database in the Audit log, right? Because if you are logging all of those removals/adds, then that is a lot of fluff being added to the database in my opinion.

I may have other questions, but I will start with these. 🙂

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0