Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Keyword Data Set Value

Casey_Boe
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

I have a user that is requesting a change to a keyword that is in a Keyword Data Set.  Is there a way to change the value of that?  I tried double-clicking like you can with the regular Keyword Types, but it doesn't let me. 

I can go into the OnBase Client and manually change the the Keywords on the documents, but there are about 300 documents that need to be changed.  Is there a way to do this for all of them?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

David_Helmer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This could be done with workflow, you could route the doc into WF, then check for the old value, if it sees it, then delete and add the new value. You would also have to fix the dataset so all future docs have the new value.

Casey_Boe
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks for the suggestion!  Can you tell me how to use Workflow?  I've never done that before.  I'm fairly new at using OnBase.

Tony_Benton
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I would suggest using the "Keyword Update" option in the configuration module to modify the documents with existing values. The Keyword Updater allows you to identify a group of documents by either document type or globally (all documents with the specific keyword) and add, remove, or delete their values.

To have this option made available to you in configuration you must first contact Hyland customer support and have them issue you a free Keyword Updater licenses.

Casey_Boe
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks, I'll give our support company a call and ask them about this!