cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture - Order of processes: Scan, Advanced Capture, Separation, then QA.

Sharon_Camarill
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a green screen printout placed in front of a group of docs to be scanned.  The printout provides the indexing information for all of the attachments with the exception of the doc type.  Advanced capture is working to pull in the keyword info but the documents need to be separated by their real doc type.  Is there a way to allow the Advanced Capture to process and provide the indexing info then place the docs in the separation queue so that the indexer can separate and change the doc type.  When I select the separation queue in Config it runs prior to the Advanced capture so that only the first doc with the green screen print is indexed.  This is the process order that I am trying to create:  Scan, Advanced Capture, Separation, QA, Commit.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello S Camarillo,

Thank you for posting on Community.

I am not sure if you already received an answer to your question from your First Line of Support or not. In any case, I wanted to post an answer for others that may see this post.

Advanced Capture has the abilty to separate the batch of scanned documents into multiple documents. It can be configured to create a new document each time the Form ID is found for the Document Type. Thi is controlled by the 'Maximum Page Count' option on the 'Form Definition' dialog box. This option determines the maximum size a document can be. If it is set to a value of '0' then Advanced capture will never attempt to break the documents.

Example: I know that my documents can range in size from 2 page to 10. Since my smallest document can be 2 pages in length, I would want to set the 'Maximum Page Count' to '2' so that Advanced Capture knows to look for a Form ID two pages after finding the last Form ID. This allows Advanced Capture to not have to check every page for a Form ID but allows it to know when it should check for the Form ID again. If it doesn't find a Form ID on page 2, it will look on page 3 for a Form ID and so on until the Next Form ID is found. At which point, Advanced Capture will split the document into another document and begin the process over again.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello S Camarillo,

Thank you for posting on Community.

I am not sure if you already received an answer to your question from your First Line of Support or not. In any case, I wanted to post an answer for others that may see this post.

Advanced Capture has the abilty to separate the batch of scanned documents into multiple documents. It can be configured to create a new document each time the Form ID is found for the Document Type. Thi is controlled by the 'Maximum Page Count' option on the 'Form Definition' dialog box. This option determines the maximum size a document can be. If it is set to a value of '0' then Advanced capture will never attempt to break the documents.

Example: I know that my documents can range in size from 2 page to 10. Since my smallest document can be 2 pages in length, I would want to set the 'Maximum Page Count' to '2' so that Advanced Capture knows to look for a Form ID two pages after finding the last Form ID. This allows Advanced Capture to not have to check every page for a Form ID but allows it to know when it should check for the Form ID again. If it doesn't find a Form ID on page 2, it will look on page 3 for a Form ID and so on until the Next Form ID is found. At which point, Advanced Capture will split the document into another document and begin the process over again.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader