cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select an existing unity script to link to an action in a lifecyle

Not applicable

Hi Community, 

I've created a couple of Unity scripts and published them within the Studio. I can see them in the project area in studio. I have a Unity Automation API and have checked that manager (who I'm testing with) has view and modify permissions to the scripts. When I add an action to a lifecyle, choose 'run unity script'. I can't see the scripts available for selection. Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Alan

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

MikeBruckner
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Good Morning Alan,

Two quick things that I can think to check...

1. When you published the initial scripts, did you check the box that says "Set the new project version as active"?

I believe that scripts will only show up in Workflow if you've marked at least one version as active.

If you didn't (or aren't sure), you can mark any version of a script as active by opening the script, clicking the "Versions" tab, selecting the appropriate version, and then clicking "Set Active"

Reset the cache when prompted. After the dialog closes, the status should change from "Published" to "Active"

2. If this doesn't do the trick (or if there is already an "Active" version), the other thing I would check is to make sure that the script in question was created as an "IWorkflow" script.

You can verify the type of script by clicking on the "Manage Unity Projects" button of the Unity Scripts ribbon in Studio. The resulting dialog should show you the script type under the Interface column.

Hope this helps!

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MikeBruckner
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Good Morning Alan,

Two quick things that I can think to check...

1. When you published the initial scripts, did you check the box that says "Set the new project version as active"?

I believe that scripts will only show up in Workflow if you've marked at least one version as active.

If you didn't (or aren't sure), you can mark any version of a script as active by opening the script, clicking the "Versions" tab, selecting the appropriate version, and then clicking "Set Active"

Reset the cache when prompted. After the dialog closes, the status should change from "Published" to "Active"

2. If this doesn't do the trick (or if there is already an "Active" version), the other thing I would check is to make sure that the script in question was created as an "IWorkflow" script.

You can verify the type of script by clicking on the "Manage Unity Projects" button of the Unity Scripts ribbon in Studio. The resulting dialog should show you the script type under the Interface column.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable

Mike, 

Thanks, I'll check it out now

Much appreciated )

Alan

Not applicable

Mike, 

Was missing the 'Active' property. Thanks for your help sir!

All the best, 

Alan

MikeBruckner
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
My pleasure Alan!

Glad to hear that did the trick! 🙂