cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I manually create AD user profiles in ONBASE?

Jeff_Craton
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am running ONBASE version 11.0.1. I am configured to use NT authentication and single sign on and things are working fine.

I want to know if I can manually create active directory user profiles in ONBASE, instead of having them be auto created by group membership. Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_Kossover
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Jeffrey -

If you are willing to invest the extra administration effort you are certainly allowed to manually create users in OnBase who would normally be created automatically. If you do, every time someone logs in with those users the Active Directory group memberships will be synced with the OnBase user groups.

If you would rather set up the OnBase user groups manually and not pull them from Active Directory, you can use the option "Authentication Only on Auto-Logon." If you choose to use that, then you must create the users and assign their user groups manually; they will never be created automatically. You would use this option if you wanted the user to  use their windows username/password but did not want the groups from Active Directory.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

NOK