cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install OnBase 18 on an Azure SQL database?

Jose_Manuel_Cua
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We would like to use Azure SQL (PaaS) instead of a dedicated SQL Server.

Can the Azure SQL (PaaS) database be used in an OnBase installation?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

It cannot be used as it is not a supported database. You can find a list of supported databases at: https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/third_party_software_updates/third_party_upda...

You can also find this information in most of the MRGs under the section titled Installation and the sub section "Databases Supported".

View answer in original post

Michael_Reindel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Jose,

Azure SQL, or any other PaaS, is currently not supported with OnBase due to the permissions needed initially when deploying an OnBase database. There may be some workarounds to get it to work, but Hyland's official stance is that we don't support PaaS, but rather IaaS for the time being.

In the future, as we move to microservices, dockers, etc. I would expect that to change (don't quote me on that though), so check back for updates through Community.

Mike

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

It cannot be used as it is not a supported database. You can find a list of supported databases at: https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/third_party_software_updates/third_party_upda...

You can also find this information in most of the MRGs under the section titled Installation and the sub section "Databases Supported".

Michael_Reindel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Jose,

Azure SQL, or any other PaaS, is currently not supported with OnBase due to the permissions needed initially when deploying an OnBase database. There may be some workarounds to get it to work, but Hyland's official stance is that we don't support PaaS, but rather IaaS for the time being.

In the future, as we move to microservices, dockers, etc. I would expect that to change (don't quote me on that though), so check back for updates through Community.

Mike

Not applicable

Have you guys considered/reviewed the managed SQL instances as well?

docs.microsoft.com/.../sql-database-managed-instance