cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I build my own onBase extension/plugin?

Peter_Hoeft
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey guys - I just stumbled upon this Forum, and I'm excited to see it!  Goofy question:  Can we build out own extensions to OnBase to give it extra functionality?  Where's the recommended resource to start, if this is even possible?  

Thanks so much,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Thilina_Random2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yes you can. You can build any type of .NET application that interacts with OnBase as long as you have the "Unity Integration Toolkit" license. In addition to this license, you would also need any required client licenses to connect as well. These can either be:

1) the necessary block of Query API retrievals or

2) the necessary number of OnBase Clients at 200 queries per hour.  Requires module specific licensing (e.g. Workflow) when accessed through Unity. Other requirements will depend on the specifications of the solution.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'm not exactly sure what you are thinking in terms of "extensions".  However with OnBase there are script hooks at various points where you can build scripts to enhance the functionality.  For example, if you want to validate some information before a user imports a new document, you can use a script hook to do that validation and can "abort" the import process if the requirements aren't met.

Workflow is a very powerful module that lets you do many things out of the box, but even there you can use scripts to do things you can't do out of the box with OnBase.

You can also use the API both inside (scripts) or outside of OnBase to do many other things you may need to do.

If you were thinking about adding a menu item to the right-click menu's, there isn't any functionality in OnBase to allow you to do that.

Thanks, Mike! This answered my question. I was hoping to build an additional ribbon, or something like that, so I could search through our doc type library with regular expressions. Overkill, sure, but it'd be awesome!

If you do decide to add a ribbon button, I'd recommend looking into the IClientScript or IGlobalClientScript interfaces. They let you run a script from the Tasks ribbon group in the Unity Client.

Thilina_Random2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yes you can. You can build any type of .NET application that interacts with OnBase as long as you have the "Unity Integration Toolkit" license. In addition to this license, you would also need any required client licenses to connect as well. These can either be:

1) the necessary block of Query API retrievals or

2) the necessary number of OnBase Clients at 200 queries per hour.  Requires module specific licensing (e.g. Workflow) when accessed through Unity. Other requirements will depend on the specifications of the solution.