cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass Custom Splash Screen

Dana_Brown2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our county data processing has implemented a custom splash screen for all OnBase client users.  However, our particular department has a batch file which starts a thick client automatically by executing a shortcut.  We want to bypass the splash screen without user intervention and I've tried both the -SILENT and -NOSTATUS switches.  However, neither seem to have the desired effect.  Is there another switch or solution that we can use to get around the splash screen (or maybe something the county can do on their end to exclude our user from the splash screen)?

Thanks,

Dana

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Which version of OnBase are you using?  I know in the past there were some issues with that, but I'm currently on v12 and that works just fine using the -NOSTATUS switch.

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

-NOSTATUS seems to work for me (OB 14). Is it possible that the hyphen in the command line switch is not a real hyphen but rather a Word or Outlook auto-replaced hyphen (EM Dash). Also, in the shortcut, if there is a long file / directory name, make sure the switch is on the outside of the quotes. (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyland\OnBase Client\obclnt32.exe" -NOSTATUS  )

Dana_Brown2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi Mike(s),Thanks for responding. We're on version 11. The County was kind enough to configure the splash screen to disappear after several seconds so that solved our problem.Thanks again.Dana