cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and Recovery

Christina_Fisch
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Questions I have regarding OnBase Backup and Recovery.

Volume:

What kind of volume do you experience on a month-to-month basis with OnBase?  (How many MBs or GBs, or even TBs)?  What kind of data are you primarily storing with OnBase (image files, scanned documents, etc?)

Disaster Recovery:

How are you prepared to handle disaster recovery?  With technologies such as mirroring and storage replication, those are good as long as the source copy is not corrupted or compromised as that will instantly compromise your target copy.  If you had to recover and a mirror copy was unavailable, what would you do to provide recovery?

How do you prevent accidental deletion of files and if it does happen, how do you recover a single file from a week ago?  A month ago, a year ago?  Longer?

Storage Solution:

Purchasing even a general mid-range storage solution with 10K disk drives is not very cost effective if you keep data for long periods of time.  Depending on the year-over-year volume, what storage system are you using to keep costs down for data that sits dormant after 180-360 days?

Are you using a Windows CIFS share on a Windows file server to store the data or a NAS based solution?  If a Windows Server, how often have you had to reconsider the server solution?

Archive Solution:

Do you use or have you considered using a product like Commvault Archive, BridgeHead FileStore, Symantec eVault, or EMC DiskXtender to tier and archive your images to different storage solutions?

Thank you

Christina

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the post.

While I encourage members of the community to weigh in on their experiences, I would also recommend working with your first line of support to have a technical conversation about these items.  There are a number of concerns which you bring up and posting a response for each of those questions is going to be challenging as some of your questions lead to more questions.

Take care.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.