cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back fill Keyword

Bob_Sellers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a document (AP Invoice) that my users want to add a "Vendor ID" Keyword to. Currently the document type has a Keyword of "Vendor Name".

I have a list of the Vendor Names with their associated Vendor IDs. Is there a script way or "automated" way of back filling the IDs for the Vendor Names? I have about 8 years of invoice history they are wanting updated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Check out the Keyword Updater tool - it should have the functionality you are looking for to update documents based on a specific keyword value. See this post for more information: https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/52280-keyword-updater

View answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Kevin_Gassert
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Get yourself a workflow license. It used to be that you had to buy a workflow server license and then buy client licenses. This was costly if you only wanted a couple workflow licenses. Now you can buy the single workflow SL licenses for about 2K. To do this kind of stuff it is well worth it. I honestly don't know how anyone can administer an OnBase system without workflow. Do what Russ said but I would not set up a rule for each vendor unless you only have a couple vendors. Use that list you have to create an autofill and use the autofill workflow action.

You will be amased at how many things you can fix with a workflow license.

Kevin

Stefan_Sulea
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Another way to do this is to use a Unity API script.

In the script, you would create a document query to return the documents to be updated (ideally in manageable batches) then run throught the results and add the keyword. 

Check the Programmers Guide chapter at sdk.onbase.com:

How to query documents: Performing Queries and Searches -> Executing Queries

How to add a Keyword: Documents and Keywords->Working with Keywords->Creating Keywords. 

Stefan, 

I will take a look at what you have provided. We are not licensed for Unity other than the use of App Enabler. Not sure if this will be a valid option but I am interested to see what can be done.

Thanks,

Bob

Valentine_Tokar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi everyone.  My added info.  I did perform keyword updates and I believe the reason for the time is that it is logging.  I have change roles but you may want to reach out to support to see if logging the process is on.  I had a project that ran across hundreds of thousand doc types to add loan numbers and I was able to complete in a matter of hours( of course after peak usage time and on the weekend)  It did work well but it was timing.

Val

Thanks Valentine! I have an estimated 2.8 million records that will be updated. I will be doing this in "chunks" after hours. I will investigate disabling the logging for speed.

Bob