cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back fill Keyword

Bob_Sellers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a document (AP Invoice) that my users want to add a "Vendor ID" Keyword to. Currently the document type has a Keyword of "Vendor Name".

I have a list of the Vendor Names with their associated Vendor IDs. Is there a script way or "automated" way of back filling the IDs for the Vendor Names? I have about 8 years of invoice history they are wanting updated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Check out the Keyword Updater tool - it should have the functionality you are looking for to update documents based on a specific keyword value. See this post for more information: https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/52280-keyword-updater

View answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Corinthia, 

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the Keyword Updater tool does do this but it is extremely slow versus running an SQL statement directly on the DB. I have years worth up updates to do with thousands of vendors. I was going to try to do it over a weekend. With the timing, this is not possible.

I believe support would frown on me running a SQL Statement to update the values needed.

What if you broke it up by doc type instead of doing a global update?  

Or only globally update a smaller number of vendors than all vendors?  

I am doing it by doc type. The problem is the system has been online for so long there are "boat load" of invoices to update. My first run was with 65,000 documents. The Keyword updater ran for 4 hours. After that I killed it. Opened the client and verified the update was completed. It was. No way of telling exactly when. In summary the keyword updater "freezes" after initiating. Not sure if it is running or not.

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make it known that using SQL to insert, update or delete data contained in the HSI schema is against our Database Use Policy

If any of you have any questions regarding this policy, please let me know.

Best,

Joel 

Thanks Joel, figured so.

"I believe support would frown on me running a SQL Statement to update the values needed."

Bob