cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back fill Keyword

Bob_Sellers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a document (AP Invoice) that my users want to add a "Vendor ID" Keyword to. Currently the document type has a Keyword of "Vendor Name".

I have a list of the Vendor Names with their associated Vendor IDs. Is there a script way or "automated" way of back filling the IDs for the Vendor Names? I have about 8 years of invoice history they are wanting updated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Check out the Keyword Updater tool - it should have the functionality you are looking for to update documents based on a specific keyword value. See this post for more information: https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/52280-keyword-updater

View answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Russ_Isrow
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Bob,

We have had OnBase for almost a year now & I have learned a lot of things the hard way, lol. I had to do something similar with keywords with successful results. I am not sure how many documents 8 years’ worth is but I have used the process below to add, modify, & remove keywords from over a 100,000 documents in our system.

Create a life cycle in Studio that has a rule in the Initial queue to look for the keyword Vendor Name when True use an Action to add the keyword Vendor ID. If False setup another rule to look for next Vendor Name & continue creating the rules until you have all the Vendor Names & IDs setup.

If you do not need those to stay in the life cycle I would have them remove from the life cycle after the action. I would set the rules up for all Vendors & then add the Document Types to the life cycle, save it & Reset the Cache.

Go into the Unity Client & use Retrieval to find the documents right click, Workflow, Execute workflow. Find the workflow you just created & add them to it.

Run a couple documents for a few different Vendors through first to verify everything is executing correctly & the correct Vendor IDs are being added. Then run larger batches through the workflow until everything has been updated.

I am not sure if this is the most efficient way but it may give you some ideas that may help.

Good luck & if you have any questions please let me know.

Russ, thank you for the detailed option. Unfortunately, we DO NOT have licenses for Workflow.

I have a feeling I may need to look at SQL to do it.

Russ_Isrow
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Your welcome. That is unfortunate.

I have written some scripts for pulling data but I do not recall if we tried to insert or update the keywords through a script.

Please let us know if you are successful this would be great to know, good luck.

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Check out the Keyword Updater tool - it should have the functionality you are looking for to update documents based on a specific keyword value. See this post for more information: https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/52280-keyword-updater