cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication switch to Active Directory before or after upgrade?

Aaron_Allison1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently on Onbase 15 but want to upgrade to the latest. We also want to switch authentication to AD authentication. Would you suggest upgrading to 17 first or switch to AD authentication before the upgrade?

Thank you,
Aaron B. Allison

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Aaron.

Personally, I wouldn't say there is a preference, but I would recommend again doing them both at the same time.  This will alleviate any additional risk with you upgrade.  

Take care.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Aaron.

Personally, I wouldn't say there is a preference, but I would recommend again doing them both at the same time.  This will alleviate any additional risk with you upgrade.  

Take care.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know if there were any "Gotchas" in the process. The other fear was changing to much at one time, making troubleshooting harder, if we encounter an issue.

No problem. There shouldn't be from an upgrade perspective, however, I always recommend reviewing the upgrade documentation within the Upgrade Technical Community. Depending on your upgrade method (Synchronous vs. IPUP), there might be some additional consideration. You can find more information about these upgrade options here - www.onbase.com/.../.