Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are changes to group membership logged?

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi,

Are changes to group membership logged in the OnBase database?  I have searched through the hsi.securitylog and it appears that anything with a actionnum = 4 relates to User Administration but I have not been able to find where it logs if a user has been added or removed from a user group.

Thanks

Anthony

2 REPLIES 2

Jason_King1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Anthony,

I know that there are a number of existing SCR's that have been created which request detailed Configuration logging.  In particular, the need to report against Administrators' tasks has a great deal of value from an auditing and SOX standpoint.  One item to note is that the Global Client Setting called 'Archive configuration activity as SYS Configuration Report' simply archives the Configuration Verbose logs for each session.   This doesn't help with Configuration Reporting though.  Hopefully this logging will be added in the near future.

For your case, I'm sure you know that their is a Report Services Report which lists OnBase Groups and their Users (CONF041).  You can run this monthly to track changes and compare results month to month.

The user to usergroup relationship table is hsi.userxusergroup, so maybe a non-elegant method is to backup this table monthly to a custom table and compare results.

-Beeker

Beeker is the bestest!!!  Wow - this was HUGE for us.  Never knew of the Config Report.  Awesome information.  You can always count on the DBA to get you the answer.