cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archivedqueue batchnum a primary key?

Peter_Scaramuzz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is is possible to ever see duplicate batchnum's in the archivedqueue table? I do not see it set up as solely unique in SQL Server. As far as I can tell, there are some indexes set up but it would still allow unique combinations of the batchnum and status fields.

I assume as the batch transitions the unique record that contains the batchnum in the table gets updated with all the relevant information like the status etc.and there can never be duplicate batchnum's in the archivedqueue table? Would that be a correct assumption?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Peter,

To my knowledge, no it is not possible natively within the software to have a duplicate batchnum in the hsi.archivedqueue. It is constantly incremented anytime a batch is created so they should always be unique. If memory serves me correct the archivedqueue1 index is unique which should prevent duplicate batchnums from occurring.

Hope this helps!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Peter,

To my knowledge, no it is not possible natively within the software to have a duplicate batchnum in the hsi.archivedqueue. It is constantly incremented anytime a batch is created so they should always be unique. If memory serves me correct the archivedqueue1 index is unique which should prevent duplicate batchnums from occurring.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for confirming. I was 99.9% sure but wanted to get confirmation. As another test, I made a copy of the table and indexes and it does appear there is the potential to create multiple different batchnum and status combinations under SQL Server so that was why I was looking for confirmation. Good to know that the software is conforming! Thanks!