cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have an example of using a unity script with an external workview class, creating the external objects and adding them to the results set?

Michael_Schrote
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Just what the subject says. I've scoured the SDK and can't find any examples of using a unity script to populate a query for an external class. Any sample code is HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Adam_Ryman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Good Afternoon Michael,

A few initial questions:

Which Unity Script are you utilizing?

You mentioned you are attempting to build a query in WorkView. What are you attempting to bring back from the query?

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
I'm happy to provide a stripped-down IWorkViewGetExtranlClassDataScript example that demonstrates basic usage of both OnWorkViewPopulateExternalFilterResults and OnWorkViewGetExternalObject, if I'm correct that this is what you're looking for.

The real usage I have available is a very weird example (it looks at another WV class, the External Class exists only to get around limitations in searching specific Attribute Types)... but just a few minutes of cut and paste and comment can make it something vaguely generic.

Is your "real" source of information a database query (to OnBase itself or otherwise), a web service call, a query to AD or LDAP, or something else? Depending on what it is I might have an easy bit of example code to swap in there.

And once I've put a few minutes into editing an example, I'm happy to pass on the same to anyone else with a similar question. From what I remember, in v15 documentation at least, the basic API documentation in the SDK is enough to figure out how things work, but there aren't code examples in the SDK or anywhere else to help.

Hi Alex,

Could you please share example code to ziya.mohdamir@gmail.com

Thanks.

Amir

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Michael,

I wanted to follow-up on this and see if you were able to answer Adam's questions.  If you no longer require assistance it would be appreciated if you could provide a brief explanation of your solution (no code needed) and mark the thread as 'answered'.  

Thank you and we appreciate your contribution to our growing knowledge of OnBase.