cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever see Custom Queries not display or return all of keywords?

David_Simon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

All:  I am testing a custom query.  As I was testing I noticed that when I had A LOT of display columns, many keywords were NOT displaying.  (They were blank).  After I chipped away at the number of display columns it seemed to display all my keywords.  I'm concerned that a future query may not display keywords that are really there!

Has anyone seen this happen?  Is this normal?  What is the "normal #" of columns that should be displayed in one custom query? Any advice or comments on this issue would be great.  Thanks!  Dave

1 REPLY 1

Heather_Phagan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi David,

Hyland Software is aware that this behaviour can occur with custom queries in the Client. There are two primary factors that affect if this issue will occur. They are the number of display columns assigned to a custom query and the length of the values for the keywords being displayed. If the keyword values are short then more columns will show values. SCR #46563 exists to address this issue. If you would like to discuss this further please contact your first line of support for OnBase.

It is recommended that only the essential information is displayed as display columns in custom queries. Using a large number of display columns increases the potential for performance issues.